Originally published 10/09/2017
Marine archaeologists announced new findings from their most recent excavation of the roughly 2,000-year-old Antikythera wreck.
Originally published 11/14/2016
Archaeologists have found more than 40 vessels in the Black Sea, some more than a millennium old, shedding light on early empires and trade routes.
Originally published 09/12/2014
In May 1899, a storm on Lake Superior caused a boat to sink so quickly that, as an eyewitness put it, the vessel "disappeared as suddenly as one could snuff out a candle."
Originally published 08/01/2014
In July 2010 construction workers halted the backhoes when they uncovered something unexpected just south of where the Twin Towers once stood.
- The original Watergate lock that burglars picked open is going to auction
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers