Originally published 10/09/2017
Marine archaeologists announced new findings from their most recent excavation of the roughly 2,000-year-old Antikythera wreck.
Originally published 11/14/2016
Archaeologists have found more than 40 vessels in the Black Sea, some more than a millennium old, shedding light on early empires and trade routes.
Originally published 09/12/2014
In May 1899, a storm on Lake Superior caused a boat to sink so quickly that, as an eyewitness put it, the vessel "disappeared as suddenly as one could snuff out a candle."
Originally published 08/01/2014
In July 2010 construction workers halted the backhoes when they uncovered something unexpected just south of where the Twin Towers once stood.
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea