Originally published 05/13/2017
"Nixon's 'Saturday Night Massacre' was clearly a sinister act and effort to kill an investigation. What is not clear is whether Trump has botched this or it is a sinister act."
Originally published 12/16/2014
Dean has worked very hard to erase the image of him as a villain, but it remains to be seen whether he really should be regarded as a hero.
Originally published 08/23/2014
Former Nixon Counsel John Dean: Right-Wing Media Impeachment Calls, Watergate Comparisons "Absolutely Silliness"
"The conservative media just doesn't seem to understand the impeachment clause. It is not designed to ... besmirch a president with, and that's all they're doing with it."
Originally published 08/06/2014
Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert's history of Watergate features interviews with Pat Buchanan and John Dean.
Originally published 07/31/2014
A review of Dean's new book, "The Nixon Defense."
- Political Rage Over Statues? Old News in the Old World
- Deadly U.S. Embassy Bombing in Kenya Was ‘Avoidable,’ According to Scorching New Memoir
- There are certain moments in US history when Confederate monuments go up
- Charlottesville Violence Spurs New Resistance to Confederate Symbols
- Historians Question Trump’s Comments on Confederate Monuments
- Eric Foner says in an interview that it’s not necessary to remove Confederate statues
- Philip Zelikow says the government should crack down on armed groups of militants
- Conservatives complain that a "Pro-gay U.S. embassy features ‘art’ by anti-Trump professor”
- N. D. B. Connolly says Charlottesville showed that liberalism can’t defeat white supremacy
- Historian William I. Hitchcock schools policymakers: Ike never threatened to use nukes in North Korea