Originally published 05/13/2017
"Nixon's 'Saturday Night Massacre' was clearly a sinister act and effort to kill an investigation. What is not clear is whether Trump has botched this or it is a sinister act."
Originally published 12/16/2014
Dean has worked very hard to erase the image of him as a villain, but it remains to be seen whether he really should be regarded as a hero.
Originally published 08/23/2014
Former Nixon Counsel John Dean: Right-Wing Media Impeachment Calls, Watergate Comparisons "Absolutely Silliness"
"The conservative media just doesn't seem to understand the impeachment clause. It is not designed to ... besmirch a president with, and that's all they're doing with it."
Originally published 08/06/2014
Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert's history of Watergate features interviews with Pat Buchanan and John Dean.
Originally published 07/31/2014
A review of Dean's new book, "The Nixon Defense."
- Turnover In Trump's White House Is 'Record-Setting,' And It Isn't Even Close
- The History Of Government Shutdowns In The U.S.
- Unhealthiest presidents in U.S. history
- ‘Make it right’: Descendants of slaves demand restitution from Georgetown
- See How Trump's Approval Rating Stacks Up Against Other Presidents After One Year
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield