Originally published 10/19/2015
Hundreds of South Korean scholars have declared they are boycotting the writing of state-issued history textbooks out of concern that that they will teach distorted views on the country's recent history.
Originally published 10/14/2015
The president argued that the government’s aim was partly to prevent the country from ever again being dominated by a foreign power.
Originally published 08/06/2015
“History should be taught in one way to avoid division of the people. At the moment, since there are various history textbooks, there can be confusion.”
Originally published 01/27/2015
‘Bite-sized’ history textbooks used in the UK accused of ‘dumbing down’ the subject: should we be worried?
History textbooks are designed for the “supposedly minimal attention spans” of today’s pupils, a prominent history teacher has said.
Originally published 07/25/2014
Time for another look at the ruinous near-decade of prosperity under Bill Clinton, as refracted through the Truthiness Lens of rightwing Christian textbooks.
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea