Originally published 10/19/2015
Hundreds of South Korean scholars have declared they are boycotting the writing of state-issued history textbooks out of concern that that they will teach distorted views on the country's recent history.
Originally published 10/14/2015
The president argued that the government’s aim was partly to prevent the country from ever again being dominated by a foreign power.
Originally published 08/06/2015
“History should be taught in one way to avoid division of the people. At the moment, since there are various history textbooks, there can be confusion.”
Originally published 01/27/2015
‘Bite-sized’ history textbooks used in the UK accused of ‘dumbing down’ the subject: should we be worried?
History textbooks are designed for the “supposedly minimal attention spans” of today’s pupils, a prominent history teacher has said.
Originally published 07/25/2014
Time for another look at the ruinous near-decade of prosperity under Bill Clinton, as refracted through the Truthiness Lens of rightwing Christian textbooks.
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- From 200 Years Ago, a Lesson About Mass Killings
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers
- Rashid Khalidi opposes Trump decision on Jerusalem
- Daniel Pipes backs Trump decision on Jerusalem
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester