Originally published 05/19/2017
Trump is so controversial Disney reportedly won’t let him have a speaking role in the Hall of Presidents
To side-step controversy Disney is revamping the exhibit. Now only GW and Lincoln will speak.
Originally published 05/22/2016
The combination of historic movies and orchestral music is a surefire hit and we are bound to see more of them around the country.
Originally published 05/15/2015
Backlash to Disney announcement it’s making a movie about a white father in 2014 who claimed a kingdom in Africa on behalf of his daughter, his "princess"
Critics say the story is a celebration of colonialism
Originally published 07/09/2014
Most actual Africans don’t come any closer to wildlife than Westerners do, but it's not what Westerners think.
- Support grows for Smithsonian museum of women’s history
- History Lesson: How the Democrats pushed Obamacare through the Senate
- Oldest women’s college in US – Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia – seeks to atone for Ku Klux Klan’s legacy
- Ancient Egyptian Writing: New Symbols Reveal Development Of Hieroglyphics
- Dr. Suess museum chided for failing to address head-on his racist statements during WW2
- Lonnie Bunch says the nooses found at the Smithsonian recently show why black people cannot get over the past
- Andrew Bacevich bemoans the loss of authority of historians
- It’s Time for Historians of Slavery to Listen to Economists
- Researcher: "Actually, Yes It Is a Discovery If You Find Something in an Archive That No One Knew Was There."
- The Trump team is obsessing over Thucydides, the ancient historian who wrote a seminal tract on war