Originally published 02/01/2016
Their names? Bob Dole and George McGovern.
Originally published 07/31/2015
SMU’s Thomas J. Knock says McGovern confirmed the story 15 years ago as he was preparing to do research into the presidential candidate’s biography.
Originally published 07/08/2014
“It does not take any courage at all for a Congressman or Senator to wrap himself in the flag and say we are staying in Vietnam,” McGovern said in the Senate, “because it is not their blood that is being shed.”
- Why Trump Would Almost Certainly Be Violating the Constitution If He Continues to Own His Businesses
- Remembering Pearl Harbor Brings ‘Date Which Will Live in Infamy’ to Virtual Reality
- Will Trump back women’s museum?
- New scholarship coming to Mormon lessons, but will instructors really teach it?
- Why the history of slavery in the US South is taking centre stage once again
- Novelist says History classes are our best hope for teaching Americans to question fake news and Donald Trump
- National Book Award winner Ibram X. Kendi is youngest in 30 years in the non-fiction category
- Historian Volker Ullrich’s book on the rise of Hitler is spookily relevant
- People are still talking about historian Mark Lilla’s NYT op ed 2 weeks after it was published
- Rick Perlstein says Trump’s election confirms a paranoid trend in the GOP