SOURCE: New York Times
Iraq Reclaims 17,000 Looted Artifacts, Its Biggest-Ever Repatriation
"The institution that held about 12,000 of the items was the Museum of the Bible, a four-year-old Washington museum founded and funded by the Christian evangelical family that owns the Hobby Lobby craft store chain."
SOURCE: The Atlantic
A Mystery at Oxford
A well-funded effort by American evangelical Christians to identify archaeological evidence for the New Testament is at the center of a scandal.
Hobby Lobby Will Return Biblical Antiquities Allegedly Stolen by Oxford Professor
The Museum of the Bible, founded by the owners of arts-and-crafts store chain Hobby Lobby, will turn over biblical fragments it had acquired from an Oxford professor.
Iraqi Artifacts Once Bought by Hobby Lobby Will Return Home
The artifacts, which are from the second and third millennium B.C., will eventually be taken to the National Museum of Iraq in Baghdad.
Hobby Lobby Hands Over 5,500 Illegally Imported Artifacts
In 2010, the arts-and-crafts retailer purchased thousands of cultural artifacts smuggled from Iraq
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
Feds Investigate Hobby Lobby Boss for Illicit Artifacts
One of America’s most famously Christian businesses is amassing a vast collection of Biblical antiquities. The problem is some of them may have been looted from the Middle East.
What the Hobby Lobby Ruling Means for America
Corporations, it turns out, really are people. And that could be very bad news for the rest of us.
Family Behind Hobby Lobby Has New Project: Bible Museum
The development of a Bible museum has long been a dream of the Oklahoma-based Green family.
How Bad Is the Hobby Lobby Ruling?
by Dr. Emma Long
Some of the nuance of the Court’s opinion has been overlooked.
Property v. Liberty: The Supreme Court’s Radical Break with Its Historical Treatment of Corporations
by Ruth H. Bloch and Naomi R. Lamoreaux
The expansive language is at odds with the way the Court has treated corporations historically.
Hobby Lobby's Green Family Building Biblical Museum
The Green Collection, according to the Green Scholars Initiative website, “is among the world’s largest private collection of rare biblical texts and artifacts."
- Will a "No Labels" Campaign Wreck the 2024 Election? We Can't Ask Group's Secret Donors.
- Excerpts from a Civics Textbook I Assume Would be Welcome in Florida
- Confusion Over Book Bans in Florida is a Feature, Not a Bug, of New Policies
- We're Living in the World (un)Made by the Iraq War
- Florida Professor: I was Fired for Teaching about Racism
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History
- Why are Universities so Disrespectful of their Organized Workers?
- Aside from Bush and Cheney, Who's Most Responsible for Iraq?
- Leaked Emails Show Christian Nationalist Anti-Trans "Holy War"