British Guiana stamp
Originally published 06/18/2014
An exceedingly rare 19th Century postage stamp from a British colony in South America has sold for a record $9.5m (£5.6m) at auction in New York.
- Biographer of a Progressive reformer says it's odd reading stories about inequality in the news every day
- Dutch sociologist says that what is new about mass killing is that we’re embarrassed by it
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Convicted felon Conrad Black has a new book out
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830