Originally published 05/28/2015
St. Louis University has moved a controversial sculpture from outside a residence hall to inside a museum in response to criticism from faculty and students who say the work reinforces the idea of white supremacy.
Originally published 01/20/2015
Timothy Tackett, now history professor emeritus at UC Irvine, was in Watsonville helping his mother Jean pack up things for a move to Washington state when he looked in the bottom of a trunk.
Originally published 11/28/2014
In terms of sheer horror, few events matched Sand Creek. Pregnant women were murdered and scalped, genitalia were paraded as trophies.
Originally published 06/17/2014
The shocking story of the racist George Wallace speechwriter who penned a fake autobiography of an endearing Cherokee orphan (Audio)
How George Wallace's speechwriter became the secret author of a popular and bogus Indian memoir.
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi