SOURCE: National Geographic
Activists in Oregon are working to recover knowledge of the state's forgotten African American history, which is as old as white settlement in the region.
SOURCE: Lewis & Clark Trail Heritage Foundation (Press Release)
The discovery of a map made by a Native American is reshaping thinking about the Lewis & Clark expedition
The discovery of the map shows the extent to which Lewis and Clark were helped by Native American geographers.
SOURCE: Huffington Post
by Thomas A. Foster
About That Saturday Night Live Sketch...
by Kira Gale
The villain behind the assassination? General James Wilkinson, the “most consummate artist in treason the nation has ever produced.”
For 150 years, the famous explorers were relatively unknown characters.
- Erika Lee and Carol Anderson on Myths and Realities of Race in American History
- Banished Podcast: Sunshine State's Descent Into Darkness
- Caroline Dodds Pennock on The Indigenous Americans Who Visited Europe
- Why Can't the Democrats Build a Governing Majority? (Review of Timothy Shenk)
- Victimhood and Vengeance: The Reactionary Roots of Christian Nationalism