Originally published 09/04/2014
Gabriel Kolko was a Marxist historian who denounced America for imperialism but eventually accepted that socialism had failed.
Originally published 06/16/2014
One sure way to irritate leftist historian Gabriel Kolko was to mistake him for a libertarian.
Originally published 06/12/2014
In a series of books on turning points in American history, from the westward expansion of the railroads in the 19th century to the Cold War, Vietnam and the war on terrorism, Professor Kolko carved a distinct and sometimes groundbreaking path.
Originally published 05/28/2014
Kolko was an American historian who wrote about the close connection between the government and big business throughout the Progressive Era and the Cold War.
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- From 200 Years Ago, a Lesson About Mass Killings
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers
- Rashid Khalidi opposes Trump decision on Jerusalem
- Daniel Pipes backs Trump decision on Jerusalem
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester