Originally published 09/04/2014
Gabriel Kolko was a Marxist historian who denounced America for imperialism but eventually accepted that socialism had failed.
Originally published 06/16/2014
One sure way to irritate leftist historian Gabriel Kolko was to mistake him for a libertarian.
Originally published 06/12/2014
In a series of books on turning points in American history, from the westward expansion of the railroads in the 19th century to the Cold War, Vietnam and the war on terrorism, Professor Kolko carved a distinct and sometimes groundbreaking path.
Originally published 05/28/2014
Kolko was an American historian who wrote about the close connection between the government and big business throughout the Progressive Era and the Cold War.
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi