Originally published 06/11/2015
Dr. Alon Ben-Meir
The lack of a clear American strategy in Iraq to which President Obama recently admitted (“We don’t yet have a complete strategy because it requires commitments on the part of the Iraqis”) is baffling
Originally published 09/05/2014
Shia and Sunni Have Been at Each Other’s Throats for a Thousand Years? Architecture Shows this Isn’t True.
What Architecture Can Tell Us about the Sectarian History of Islam
Originally published 07/10/2014
The 'age-old passions' trope is such a convenient plot device that people always fall for it.
Originally published 05/21/2014
The results of the Iraqi parliamentary elections are in, and everybody lost.
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Digital map helps historians get granular with holocaust research
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment