Originally published 06/11/2015
Dr. Alon Ben-Meir
The lack of a clear American strategy in Iraq to which President Obama recently admitted (“We don’t yet have a complete strategy because it requires commitments on the part of the Iraqis”) is baffling
Originally published 09/05/2014
Shia and Sunni Have Been at Each Other’s Throats for a Thousand Years? Architecture Shows this Isn’t True.
What Architecture Can Tell Us about the Sectarian History of Islam
Originally published 07/10/2014
The 'age-old passions' trope is such a convenient plot device that people always fall for it.
Originally published 05/21/2014
The results of the Iraqi parliamentary elections are in, and everybody lost.
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past