Originally published 03/08/2016
The Pulitzer-Prize winning historian discusses the war and its legacy.
Originally published 02/22/2016
"I think that it was in graduate school that I really learned how to write history."
Originally published 11/13/2014
This panel will bring together historians from all sides to critique McPherson’s work and discuss new trends and changes in Civil War scholarship.
Originally published 05/14/2014
Tiffany April Griffin
Why he became a historian, his favorite books, what he's reading now.
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Civil War’s legacy hangs over a plaque honoring Confederate soldiers
- Confederate statues still stand in rural Virginia
- Advocates are starting to push for LGBTQ history to be taught in public schools
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz