Originally published 02/13/2015
The surprise is it’s in formal rebellion against western education its members never received.
Originally published 06/09/2014
There are moments in our history when we have to act as if we really believe that we are indeed our brothers’ and our sisters’ keeper. This is one of them.
Originally published 05/30/2014
John Edward Philips
Boko Haram, as many know by now, means “Western Education is forbidden” in the Hausa language of northern Nigeria and neighboring countries.
Originally published 05/12/2014
Timothy R. Furnish
Nigeria’s position on the fault-line between Christian and Muslim civilization appears not just increasingly precarious, but dangerously unsustainable.
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations