George F. Kennan
Originally published 09/01/2015
An Economist May Have Just Come Up with the Solution George Kennan Said Is Needed to Protect the Earth from Climate Change Disaster
Kennan, the realist, came around to a belief in Wilsonian internationalism late in life, but worried it still wasn't practical. But maybe it is.
Originally published 05/01/2014
"The [Kennan] diaries establish beyond any doubt that Kennan was given to gross and derogatory generalizations about virtually all foreign peoples."
- Did Squanto meet Pocahontas in London?
- Thanksgiving: Early Colonists Ate Turkey... But Also Horses, Rats And Snakes, Archaeologists Say
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction