Originally published 05/01/2014
Joan Waugh says it was southern authors and historians who made Grant's name synonymous with brutal warfare, alcoholism and overwhelming corruption.
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors
- Black Death maps reveal how the plague devastated medieval Britain
- Bernie Sanders picks Cornel West to help write Democratic platform
- Trump is empowering anti-Semites, Holocaust deniers, and White nationalists
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed