Originally published 05/01/2014
Joan Waugh says it was southern authors and historians who made Grant's name synonymous with brutal warfare, alcoholism and overwhelming corruption.
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar
- Dr. Saad Eskander's forced departure from Iraq's National Library and Archives deplored
- Nancy Cott selected as the next President-Elect of the Organization of American Historians