Originally published 03/14/2017
Andrew J. Bacevich
We’ve come to accept the conflict as a perpetual state, an enterprise to be managed rather than ended as soon as possible.
Originally published 10/12/2016
Rashid Khalidi chides presidential candidates and moderators for never mentioning the Afghanistan war
In an interview he also focused on the tragedy of Syrian refugees.
Originally published 07/12/2016
The U.S. State Department Declares War on Afghanistan’s Pro-American Vice-President (And On All Afghan Uzbeks)
Brian Glyn Williams
And the New York Times erringly follows its lead.
Originally published 10/19/2015
Obama's recent decision to leave American troops in perpetuity in the Afghanistan War, despite a fourteen-year failed attempt to remodel the country, is as unsurprising as it is appalling.
Originally published 10/31/2014
There's the mainstream media version of the world. And then there's reality.
Originally published 04/06/2014
Why are so many coming home from our wars broken?
- Supporters Rally Around Accused Russian Historian Of Stalin's Crimes
- Mormon history scholars file court brief over Trump travel ban
- Accused plagiarist Matthew Whitaker wins arbitration case against City of Phoenix over police contract
- Niall Ferguson says the liberal international order has passed its peak
- Nathaniel Philbrick wins the $50,000 2017 George Washington Prize