Originally published 03/14/2017
Andrew J. Bacevich
We’ve come to accept the conflict as a perpetual state, an enterprise to be managed rather than ended as soon as possible.
Originally published 10/12/2016
Rashid Khalidi chides presidential candidates and moderators for never mentioning the Afghanistan war
In an interview he also focused on the tragedy of Syrian refugees.
Originally published 07/12/2016
The U.S. State Department Declares War on Afghanistan’s Pro-American Vice-President (And On All Afghan Uzbeks)
Brian Glyn Williams
And the New York Times erringly follows its lead.
Originally published 10/19/2015
Obama's recent decision to leave American troops in perpetuity in the Afghanistan War, despite a fourteen-year failed attempt to remodel the country, is as unsurprising as it is appalling.
Originally published 10/31/2014
There's the mainstream media version of the world. And then there's reality.
Originally published 04/06/2014
Why are so many coming home from our wars broken?
- Congress Has a History of Legislating in Secrecy
- At James Madison’s home, slaves’ lives matter as much as the man who owned them
- Destroying Great Mosque of al-Nuri 'is Isis declaring defeat'
- At Watergate, Recalling a Burglary That Toppled a President
- Hidden Trove of Suspected Nazi Artifacts Found in Argentina
- Researcher: "Actually, Yes It Is a Discovery If You Find Something in an Archive That No One Knew Was There."
- The Trump team is obsessing over Thucydides, the ancient historian who wrote a seminal tract on war
- Historians defend scholar who studies Poland and Holocaust
- Max Boot Says "Donald Trump Is Proving Too Stupid to Be President"
- Historians called on to write books that impact the public