SOURCE: The American Prospect
When Henry Wallace Warned of ‘American Fascism’
John Nichols's new book argues that Franklin Roosevelt's decision to cut loose Vice President Henry Wallace crippled egalitarian politics in the Democratic Party with lasting consequences.
SOURCE: New York Magazine
Is This the Blueprint for Sanders and AOC to Take Over the Democratic Party?
by Jonathan Chait
Jonathan Chait is skeptical of John Nichols's new book, which argues that the Democratic Party's present struggles stem from the decision in 1944 to remove progressive VP Henry Wallace from the ticket in favor of moderate Harry Truman.
The Horrible Secrets of Operation Paperclip: An Interview with Annie Jacobsen About Her Stunning Account
by Aaron Leonard
The chilling details of the U.S. military's plan to use the very scientists who had been essential to Hitler’s war effort.
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- US House "Parental Rights" Bill Threatens to Take Book Banning Nationwide
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History