Originally published 06/26/2017
Historians have a role as pundits, he argues, but they have to resist the impulse to oversimplify the news.
Originally published 04/28/2014
This age of the intellectual as the chief public face of political opposition has retreated into the past.
Originally published 04/03/2014
How an obscure and maddeningly opaque German Jewish intellectual became a thriving academic industry.
- Southern states band together to create first unified Civil Rights Trail
- Secret memo shows bipartisanship during Watergate succession crisis
- The Trump Presidency: Year One
- From presidential nominee to freshman senator? Romney would make history if he runs.
- A historian is helping students register to vote
- Ibram X. Kendi’s NYT op ed drew a strong response
- Andrew Roberts says Trump might even win a second term