Originally published 06/26/2017
Historians have a role as pundits, he argues, but they have to resist the impulse to oversimplify the news.
Originally published 04/28/2014
This age of the intellectual as the chief public face of political opposition has retreated into the past.
Originally published 04/03/2014
How an obscure and maddeningly opaque German Jewish intellectual became a thriving academic industry.
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian