Originally published 09/06/2017
White Christians, once the dominant religious group in the U.S., now account for fewer than half of all adults living in the country.
Originally published 02/01/2017
About one-third of all Americans think that you have to be a Christian to truly be an American — despite the history of religious pluralism that dates back to the nation’s very earliest days.
Originally published 10/31/2016
For just 60 hours, researchers had the opportunity to examine the holiest site in Christianity. Here's what they found.
Originally published 12/18/2015
Christian principles continue to shape even allegedly secular minds because Christianity guided Western civilization for over a millennium.
Originally published 05/23/2014
Yale-educated history professor is Nebraska's GOP candidate for US Senate and a Tea Party conservative
Heather Digby Parton
"Ben Sasse believes that our right to the free exercise of religion is co-equal to our right to life."--Ben Sasse website
Originally published 03/31/2014
With typical clarity of purpose, our 8th-grade textbook, America: Land I Love, explains exactly why America had to fight in Vietnam.
Originally published 10/21/2013
At the Nuremberg trials of leading Nazis, one American psychiatrist took on the task of understanding their personality, and developed a strange attachment to Hermann Goring that ruined his life.
Originally published 09/16/2015
Conservative Christians claim that they are only defending freedom of religion, but there is no attack on their freedom to worship and believe as they like. They want more. They want laws which apply to all Americans to reflect their religious beliefs. They demand the right to disregard laws they don’t like. They want their religion to be our politics.
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72