St Patricks Day
Originally published 03/16/2017
Most Americans come from Northern Ireland including Ulysses Grant and Stonewall Jackson.
Originally published 03/17/2015
Organizers of St. Patrick's Day parade say it's about celebrating "Irish heritage and culture." Here's the problem.
Originally published 03/18/2014
Arthur Guinness, the founder of the brewing dynasty, was a staunch unionist and opponent of Irish nationalism.
Originally published 03/15/2004
Edward T. O’Donnell
St. Patrick wasn't even Irish.
- New book says amount of mustard gas exposure in World War II may be higher than acknowledged by government
- Canada’s Secret to Resisting the West’s Populist Wave
- Trump’s travel ban is built on a law meant to ‘protect’ the U.S. from Jews and communists
- The Time to Retrieve Time’s Time Capsule Is at Hand
- Manassas church opens restored slave cabin to the public
- John B. Boles wants students to know more about Jefferson than that he was a slaveholder
- Historian Daniel K. Williams says Democrats have a religion problem
- Bill O’Reilly – America’s best-selling “historian” – ridiculed in Harper’s for writing bad history
- Largest history festival is the UK criticized for being white and male
- Eric Foner doesn’t think much of a book that claims Lincoln moved slowly to emancipate blacks because he was a racist