by Unni Turrettini
The Nobel Prize Commiteee has departed from Alfred Nobel's wishes to honor the cause of global demilitarization and disarmament in favor of statements of political favor in the awarding of the Peace Prize.
SOURCE: The Root
A disagreement had split the family of Martin Luther King Jr. after his two sons thought that the icon’s 1964 Nobel Peace Prize medal should be sold, while his daughter opposed the idea.
SOURCE: Tom Dispatch
by Rebecca Gordon
Keep the U.S. Military Out
SOURCE: Associated Press
The 1936 Nobel Peace Prize recipient was Argentina's foreign minister, Carlos Saavedra Lamas.
- Why Michigan’s Top Legislators Should Cancel that Meeting with Trump
- Tom Cotton Attacks "Revisionist History" of Thanksgiving on Senate Floor
- Whose History? AI Uncovers Who Gets Attention in High School Textbooks
- Native History Is Washington History, And Tribes Are Helping Schools Teach It
- When Schools Closed, Americans Turned to Their Usual Backup Plan: Mothers
- Female Pirate Lovers Whose Story was Ignored by Male Historians Immortalized with Statue
- The Devil Had Nothing to Do With It
- Hong Kong's New Rules have Created Confusion in the Classroom. Some Parents are Pulling their Children Out
- Whitewashing the Great Depression (Review)
- What Did Europe Smell Like Centuries Ago? Historians Set Out to Recreate Lost Scents