Originally published 01/21/2014
Clay plaques at The Israel Museum, made 1,500 years before the Kama Sutra, display graphically that Old Babylonian culture held an ‘exalted’ view of sex.
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)