Originally published 01/14/2014
Ellen D. Wu
The history behind Twitter's best response to Amy Chua's new book.
Originally published 01/12/2014
David J. Leonard
Amy Chua's new book, co-authored with her husband Jed Rubenfeld, recycles the same sort of faux-scientific racism that was discredited decades ago.
- Should a slave-era song be used as a sports UK soccer chant?
- Black Georgetown Employee Found Out the School Sold His Great-Great-Great Grandmother
- E.U. Is Turning 60 and Searching for Something to Celebrate
- The Most Controversial Psych Study Is Repeated — Same Weird Result
- A new book explores the stunning revelation that Hemingway spied for the USSR
- Christopher Lasch, the late historian/social commentator, is suddenly everywhere
- Harvard art historian’s interest in black history has roots in her grandfather’s question in high school
- Human History ‘Will End When Men Become Gods’
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder explains to Bill Maher how Trump resembles 1930s fascists — and makes the Russia connection
- China Bars Historian at Australian University From Leaving, Lawyer Says