Originally published 02/13/2017
Third Reich historian Richard Evans worries the similarities between the 1930s and now are too close for comfort
"Of course history never repeats itself. Democracy dies in different ways at different times.”
Originally published 01/16/2014
Newsnight presenter says education secretary's remarks about Professor Sir Richard Evans over first world war were unfair.
Originally published 01/09/2014
Cambridge University historian Professor Sir Richard Evans declines offer to sue Michael Gove for libel over 'Blackadder' First World War remarks
Gove had called Evans' arguments about World War I those of "an undergraduate cynic."
- The New York Times journalist who secretly led the charge against liberal media bias
- A history lesson: Do tax cuts pay for themselves?
- Trump is being sued to stop him from shrinking Bears Ears national monument by 85 percent. Who will win?
- As colleges investigate slavery ties, George Washington University joins in
- Before the Bus, Rosa Parks Was a Sexual Assault Investigator
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester
- Black South African scholars urged to correct white historians’ distortion
- At Columbia, Three Women, 30 Years and a Pattern of Harassment
- Pakistani Historian Mobarak Haidar says Muslims “have no religious basis to rule Jerusalem”
- AHA Announces Last-Minute Sessions Timed to News Events