Originally published 02/13/2017
Third Reich historian Richard Evans worries the similarities between the 1930s and now are too close for comfort
"Of course history never repeats itself. Democracy dies in different ways at different times.”
Originally published 01/16/2014
Newsnight presenter says education secretary's remarks about Professor Sir Richard Evans over first world war were unfair.
Originally published 01/09/2014
Cambridge University historian Professor Sir Richard Evans declines offer to sue Michael Gove for libel over 'Blackadder' First World War remarks
Gove had called Evans' arguments about World War I those of "an undergraduate cynic."
- Savannah Approves Changes to Confederate Monument From 1875
- Law Professor Eric Posner Proposes Bringing Back Indentured Servitude
- Public Rates Presidents: Kennedy, Reagan, Obama at Top
- Elizabeth Warren’s striking speech responding to Trump’s “Pocahontas” taunts
- When the next generation looks racially different from the last, political tensions rise
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- Right after the Civil War, says Stanford's Richard White, Americans were really hopeful, then reality hit
- What departments of history are doing about lower enrollments