Originally published 02/15/2017
The money will reward Guam residents for standing by the US during the Japanese occupation of World War 2.
Originally published 12/09/2016
“The United States forever will be grateful to the residents of Guam for their steadfast loyalty to the United States, as demonstrated by the countless acts of courage they performed despite the threat of Imperial Japanese military forces that occupied Guam during World War II."
Originally published 03/29/2016
A group of advocates are working to finalize a nonprofit organization called Guam World War II Reparations Advocates Inc., which plans to sue the U.S. government in hopes that survivors finally receive compensation the group believes they deserve.
Originally published 12/30/2013
A brief overview of the proposed militarization of Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi