Originally published 02/15/2017
The money will reward Guam residents for standing by the US during the Japanese occupation of World War 2.
Originally published 12/09/2016
“The United States forever will be grateful to the residents of Guam for their steadfast loyalty to the United States, as demonstrated by the countless acts of courage they performed despite the threat of Imperial Japanese military forces that occupied Guam during World War II."
Originally published 03/29/2016
A group of advocates are working to finalize a nonprofit organization called Guam World War II Reparations Advocates Inc., which plans to sue the U.S. government in hopes that survivors finally receive compensation the group believes they deserve.
Originally published 12/30/2013
A brief overview of the proposed militarization of Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- From 200 Years Ago, a Lesson About Mass Killings
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers
- Rashid Khalidi opposes Trump decision on Jerusalem
- Daniel Pipes backs Trump decision on Jerusalem
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester