Originally published 12/14/2015
David W. Grua
Long before the battle over Confederate monuments, they built a memorial to their dead to reclaim the history whites celebrated as a victory.
Originally published 01/20/2015
Timothy Tackett, now history professor emeritus at UC Irvine, was in Watsonville helping his mother Jean pack up things for a move to Washington state when he looked in the bottom of a trunk.
Originally published 12/30/2013
The shirt of Lakota chief Little Thunder has become the centerpiece of a auction dispute.
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations