Originally published 06/18/2015
Her observations were made in the course of her presidential address to the Mormon History Association
Originally published 11/11/2014
Mormon leaders have acknowledged for the first time that the church’s founder and prophet, Joseph Smith, took as many as 40 wives, some already married and one only 14 years old.
Originally published 10/28/2014
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints says most of Smith's wives were between 20 and 40 years old.
Originally published 12/19/2013
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints released a document about plural marriage on its website Monday.
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing