Originally published 10/06/2015
The Mormon church’s renovated history museum set to reopen this week features a small and surprising display about an uncomfortable part of the faith’s history that for generations has been glossed over: polygamy.
Originally published 06/18/2015
Her observations were made in the course of her presidential address to the Mormon History Association
Originally published 11/11/2014
Mormon leaders have acknowledged for the first time that the church’s founder and prophet, Joseph Smith, took as many as 40 wives, some already married and one only 14 years old.
Originally published 10/28/2014
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints says most of Smith's wives were between 20 and 40 years old.
Originally published 12/19/2013
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints released a document about plural marriage on its website Monday.
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity