Originally published 11/11/2014
Mormon leaders have acknowledged for the first time that the church’s founder and prophet, Joseph Smith, took as many as 40 wives, some already married and one only 14 years old.
Originally published 10/28/2014
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints says most of Smith's wives were between 20 and 40 years old.
Originally published 12/19/2013
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints released a document about plural marriage on its website Monday.
- Dr. Saad Eskander's forced departure from Iraq's National Library and Archives deplored
- Nancy Cott selected as the next President-Elect of the Organization of American Historians
- Scholar calls ISIS destruction of antiquities an example of ethnic cleansing
- Historian Qingjia Edward Wang never thought he would one day write a book about chopsticks.
- Bernard Bailyn’s influence on the profession is hailed in the WSJ