Affordable Care Act
Originally published 09/26/2017
Christy Ford Chapin
It fails to learn from Medicare's success and the Affordable Care Act's struggles.
Originally published 11/29/2016
The GOP has plans to take apart many of Johnson’s Great Society reforms. Will Trump let them succeed?
Originally published 03/16/2015
Robert Brent Toplin
A bad ruling in King v. Burwell – the Obamacare case – cannot match the evil of Dred Scott, but it could damage the Court’s reputation just as much.
Originally published 12/19/2013
Eric M. Patashnik and Julian E. Zelizer
There are a lot of myths and half-truths about "policy entrenchment."
- Polish prime minister seeks dialogue with Israel on 'difficult history'
- Writer Makes the Case for Impeaching Clarence Thomas
- Finding a Lock of George Washington’s Hair, and a Link to American History
- How Does Trump Stack Up Against the Best — and Worst — Presidents?
- Russia Isn’t the Only One Meddling in Elections. We Do It, Too.
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- Right after the Civil War, says Stanford's Richard White, Americans were really hopeful, then reality hit