Originally published 09/05/2013
(Illegally) selling the police powers of a city: coming near you!
Originally published 12/16/2013
Or, why historians need to get busy *now* writing the history of composting.
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean