Originally published 07/07/2016
A Buddhist temple in Nanjing, China may have been harboring a major cultural artifact after archaeologists found what they say could be a skull fragment from Siddhartha Gautama, the Buddha himself.
Originally published 02/23/2015
The mummy is believed to be that of Liuquan, a Buddhist monk who died in China around 1,100 A.D.
Originally published 11/25/2013
The Buddha was born in the 6th century B.C.
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook