Originally published 07/07/2016
A Buddhist temple in Nanjing, China may have been harboring a major cultural artifact after archaeologists found what they say could be a skull fragment from Siddhartha Gautama, the Buddha himself.
Originally published 02/23/2015
The mummy is believed to be that of Liuquan, a Buddhist monk who died in China around 1,100 A.D.
Originally published 11/25/2013
The Buddha was born in the 6th century B.C.
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award