SOURCE: The Daily Beast
An elementary school finally painted over an outside mural showing a Rebel flag and a scene suggesting a lynching. Was Crossville’s alleged past as a ‘sundown town’ to blame?
SOURCE: King 5
A moving series of videos remind us of the harm inflicted on Japanese Americans by FDR's order sending them to internment camps.
Central Illinois has a long and uncomfortable association with exclusionary "Sundown Towns," where certain groups rejected other groups, leading to racially separate - practically segregated - cities & villages.
SOURCE: The News-Gazette
by James W. Loewen
Here's what they should do when caught.
- History Says Bloomberg 2020 Would Be a Sure Loser
- Then and now: How Trump impeachment hearing is different
- Poland asks Netflix to make changes to documentary about Nazi death camp guard
- What is a caliph? The Islamic State tries to boost its legitimacy by hijacking a historic institution
- Russian Historian Professor, Found With Bag of Severed Arms, Admits He Killed Student
- Black Perspectives Publishes Online Forum: "Researching, Teaching, and Embodying the Black Diaspora"
- Distinguished professor, civil war historian James I. “Bud” Robertson Jr. passes away
- Noel Ignatiev, scholar who called for abolishing whiteness, dies at 78
- Historians Elizabeth Catte, Rebecca Solnit, and Peniel Joseph Quoted in Washington Post Article, "The Democrats Are Moving Left. Will America Follow?"
- When Southern Historians Made History Themselves