Originally published 03/25/2014
Battered case, believed to have been lent to officer during first world war, part of reopening exhibition at Bank of England.
Originally published 11/20/2013
A stirring biography of T.E. Lawrence, yes, but also a thoughtful examination of Western imperialism and Mideast politics.
- Georgia lawmaker punished for Civil War mailer
- Free speech to be front and center at Gettysburg battle anniversary
- Peek Inside Jackie Kennedy’s $49.5 Million Childhood Home
- Six Nazi spies were executed in D.C. White supremacists gave them a memorial — on federal land
- Khmer Rouge Trial, Perhaps the Last, Nears End in Cambodia
- Eric Foner doesn’t think much of a book that claims Lincoln moved slowly to emancipate blacks because he was a racist
- Harvard's Moshik Temkin pens op ed in the NYT warning historians not to use analogies
- Lonnie Bunch says the nooses found at the Smithsonian recently show why black people cannot get over the past
- Andrew Bacevich bemoans the loss of authority of historians
- It’s Time for Historians of Slavery to Listen to Economists