Originally published 01/27/2014
Offering culture as a formula for success is risky, and the concept is a deeply flawed approach to solving social issues.
Originally published 11/14/2013
How Asian Americans became the model minority -- and why whites still consider them to be a threat.
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing