Originally published 09/11/2017
Mark Felt wasn’t out to protect American democracy and the rule of law; he was out to get a promotion.
Originally published 10/09/2014
Newsweek reports that Woodward and Bernstein revealed key sources to the Hollywood director who made the movie about them
The story is by Max Holland, the well-known Watergate researcher and historian.
Originally published 11/14/2013
Holland claims that Felt, an F.B.I. official, was basically using Woodward in his quest to ascend to the role as the bureau’s director.
Originally published 06/27/2017
Liberty and Power
More (this time from David Henderson) on MacLean's framing of quotations (from James Buchanan) in Democracy in Chains:
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- A ‘Quest for Justice’ for Murdered Civil Rights Pioneer, 52 Years Later
- Under Trump, Most Americans Lack Basic Knowledge to Understand Current Events, Study Finds
- Trump wants a military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue on July 4th
- What Happens When an Entire Campus Is Rooted in the Confederacy?
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar
- Peter Dreier calls on Americans to build monuments to liberal heroes