Originally published 06/29/2016
Lawrence S. Wittner
Russia, China and the USA are among the world’s most violent societies at home and pose the greatest threat to the continued existence of civilization.
Originally published 11/14/2013
The problem with American power, like all power, is that it waxes and wanes.
- Should a slave-era song be used as a sports UK soccer chant?
- Black Georgetown Employee Found Out the School Sold His Great-Great-Great Grandmother
- E.U. Is Turning 60 and Searching for Something to Celebrate
- The Most Controversial Psych Study Is Repeated — Same Weird Result
- A new book explores the stunning revelation that Hemingway spied for the USSR
- Christina Vella, Author of Sizzling Works of Narrative History, Dies at 75
- Christopher Lasch, the late historian/social commentator, is suddenly everywhere
- Harvard art historian’s interest in black history has roots in her grandfather’s question in high school
- Human History ‘Will End When Men Become Gods’
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder explains to Bill Maher how Trump resembles 1930s fascists — and makes the Russia connection