Originally published 11/09/2015
Organizers in Umeå claim the event is a 'security risk', downplay Holocaust's horrors.
Originally published 11/12/2013
The German president opened a week of commemoration by visiting a museum dedicated to Otto Weidt, a savoir of Jews during the Holocaust.
Originally published 11/07/2013
An exhibition in Berlin gathers previously unknown reports by foreign diplomats, revealing how the shocking events prompted little more than hollow condemnation.
Originally published 02/28/2017
Seekers of illegitimate power always create distorted narratives to justify their dominance. Freedom and justice depend on popular insistence on learning the truth about themselves, their world and their rulers.
Originally published 01/28/2017
Marches alone won’t stop Trump. Real political influence requires continued and widespread popular pressure in favor of positive action.
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- Buried at an Asylum, the ‘Unspoken, Untold History’ of the South
- New Orleans removes monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?
- H.R. McMaster criticized – and not for his defense of Trump
- Yale’s David Blight is asked if New Orleans rewrite its Civil War legacy