Originally published 11/19/2013
Reagan learned a lesson from the Able Archer 83 war scare.
Originally published 11/05/2013
The military exercise Able Archer nearly provoked a pre-emptive Soviet strike.
Originally published 11/08/2017
Once General Robert E. Lee’s right-hand man, General Longstreet would become known as ‘the Judas of the Lost Cause.’
Originally published 12/11/2016
Mark Byrnes's Facing Backwards
What has disturbed so many of us about Trump's election is that the choice that 46.2 % of the voters made is so antithetical to our vision of what America can and should be.
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield