Originally published 11/18/2013
Michael T. Klare
Will we see a climate change-fueled political revolution?
Originally published 11/05/2013
Ammonia helped to feed billions, but killed millions.
Originally published 08/14/2017
Long before it was the capital of gym, tan, and laundry (or President Trump's "working vacation") New Jersey coastline was the chosen high-end destination for presidents.
Originally published 12/04/2016
In April of 1945, Captain William Callaghan and the USS Missouri were attacked by a kamikaze pilot intent on destroying all on board. His attack failed, and Callaghan stood up to his men to bury the enemy.
- What Robert E. Lee Wrote to The Times About Slavery in 1858
- ICC orders Mali extremist to pay $3.2 million in reparations
- Political Rage Over Statues? Old News in the Old World
- Deadly U.S. Embassy Bombing in Kenya Was ‘Avoidable,’ According to Scorching New Memoir
- There are certain moments in US history when Confederate monuments go up
- Eric Foner says in an interview that it’s not necessary to remove Confederate statues
- Philip Zelikow says the government should crack down on armed groups of militants
- Conservatives complain that a "Pro-gay U.S. embassy features ‘art’ by anti-Trump professor”
- N. D. B. Connolly says Charlottesville showed that liberalism can’t defeat white supremacy
- Historian William I. Hitchcock schools policymakers: Ike never threatened to use nukes in North Korea