Originally published 08/13/2014
This is the first time that all three ingredients have been discovered on ex-Pentagon property on Okinawa.
Originally published 06/03/2014
The Most Haunting Interview You'll Ever Read: When Japanese Islanders Were Ordered to Commit Mass Suicide
"I don’t remember exactly how we killed our mother, maybe we tried to use rope at first, but in the end we hit her over the head with stones."
Originally published 02/25/2014
The establishment of a U.S. military fiefdom on Okinawa was part of the Cold War practice of dividing nations.
Originally published 10/31/2013
But the Japanese prime minister endorsed the continuing presence of U.S. forces in Okinawa.
- King Tut had overbite, club foot because his parents were brother and sister
- Prehistoric humans were far smarter than previously assumed
- Priests race to save manuscripts from jihadists in Iraq
- Where Mud Is Archaeological Gold, Russian History Grew on Trees
- Conflict Uncovers a Ukrainian Identity Crisis Over Deep Russian Roots
- Highlights of the recent Oral History Association Meeting
- Rick Perlstein response to Sam Tanenhaus's complaint that he's an aggregator
- Thai historian faces charges for daring to challenge a story about a royal king
- It's Rick Perlstein vs. Judith Stein in a Three Round Fight
- Park Honan, a Biographer of Authors, Is Dead at 86