An official report including a handwriting analysis charges that Mr. Walesa, a Nobel laureate, was a paid informer in Poland the 1970s.
Mr. Walesa, in interviews, has said that as a dissident, he “played a game” with the Communist authorities, but that he never actively served them.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
Lech Walesa is one hell of an obdurate man.
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream