Originally published 10/28/2013
Did Columbus and his sailors really transport the bacterium back from the New World?
Originally published 04/06/2016
There's No There There
Who among our sheltered politicians, pundits and think tankers who sent them to war will visit their graves, console their widows and parents, and demand that taxes be increased to pay for the survivor's forever care?
- "I've studied the history of Confederate memorials. Here's what to do about them."
- Annette Gordon-Reed writes about why Jefferson matters more than ever after Charlottesville
- Harvard’s Maya Jasanoff vists the Congo and discovers people there probably live harder lives than they did 100 years ago when Joseph Conrad was there
- Eric Foner says in an interview that it’s not necessary to remove Confederate statues
- Philip Zelikow says the government should crack down on armed groups of militants