SOURCE: The Chicago Tribune
Chicago Tribune editorial: The government should release secret grand jury testimony about its 1942 scoop, "Jap Plan to Strike at Sea"
by Chicago Tribune Editorial
"Fighting unwarranted government secrecy is a big part of what news organizations like the Tribune do, in wartime and peacetime. That's one reason we hope government lawyers admit defeat and end this lingering battle of Midway."
SOURCE: Al Jazeera America
by James McGrath Morris
By redacting all documents, no matter how benign, the government is throwing its past down the memory hole.
- The History Behind Hong Kong's Ongoing Protests
- The last time a ‘Tanker War’ broke out in the Persian Gulf, it lasted for years
- Clarence Thomas says a Smithsonian exhibit about him is wrong. (It’s not.)
- Will Apollo Nostalgia Help NASA Get Its Artemis Moon Money?
- America's M4 Sherman Tank: World War II Wonder Weapon or Blunder Weapon?
- How Accurate is HBO's Chernobyl? Experts Weigh In
- Anthony Price, British author of thrillers with deep links to history, dies at 90
- Students and Parents Push for Better Textbooks to Help Fight Hate and Stereotypes
- CSIS destroyed secret file on Pierre Trudeau, stunning historians
- Truman Library Announces $25 Million Transformation