SOURCE: The Chicago Tribune
Chicago Tribune editorial: The government should release secret grand jury testimony about its 1942 scoop, "Jap Plan to Strike at Sea"
by Chicago Tribune Editorial
"Fighting unwarranted government secrecy is a big part of what news organizations like the Tribune do, in wartime and peacetime. That's one reason we hope government lawyers admit defeat and end this lingering battle of Midway."
SOURCE: Al Jazeera America
by James McGrath Morris
By redacting all documents, no matter how benign, the government is throwing its past down the memory hole.
- Historian Tom Engelhardt Revisits His First Piece of Critical History – 48 Years Later
- Heather Cox Richardson: Trump isn’t the first president to compare himself to Jesus — the last one who did ‘planned to lead his white supremacist supporters to victory’
- Historians' archival research looks quite different in the digital age
- Senate Historian Daniel S. Holt Featured on Political Theatre Podcast
- The Way We Do the Things We Do: Making History-Making Visible