Originally published 10/22/2013
Slate Magazine features cartoon artists capturing Hollywood films. This week features a cartoonist drawing the tale of Radium Girls, women during World War II who contracted radium poisoning while painting glow-in-the-dark watch dials.
Originally published 11/24/2015
If we can watch a new video every month of groups of police brutalizing unarmed citizens, then we have a police problem.
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95