Originally published 10/22/2013
Slate Magazine features cartoon artists capturing Hollywood films. This week features a cartoonist drawing the tale of Radium Girls, women during World War II who contracted radium poisoning while painting glow-in-the-dark watch dials.
Originally published 11/24/2015
If we can watch a new video every month of groups of police brutalizing unarmed citizens, then we have a police problem.
- Britain largest home is saved for the nation
- Shelter and the slums: capturing bleak Britain 50 years ago
- Researchers Find More Women Buried At Stonehenge Than Men
- We asked 6 political scientists if Bernie Sanders would have a shot in a general election
- Mary Beard, herself a bestselling author, wonders why more women historians aren't
- Princeton U. historian Imani Perry claims mistreatment in parking ticket arrest
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history