Aung San Suu Kyi
Originally published 10/22/2013
Sakharov prize for freedom of thought honours Burmese figure’s battle for democracy.
Originally published 11/15/2015
Mark Byrnes's Facing Backwards
From the earliest days of the republic, the American attitude toward refugees has been marked by an ambivalence and tension.
- Mary Beard, herself a bestselling author, wonders why more women historians aren't
- Princeton U. historian Imani Perry claims mistreatment in parking ticket arrest
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history