Originally published 11/02/2015
The candy market was divided by race. More expensive varieties, such as hand-dipped chocolate bonbons, were aimed at young white women and middle-class children. The cheap stick candy, meanwhile, was targeted at blacks, the Irish and Chinese.
Originally published 10/21/2013
Blame the media.
Originally published 09/03/2015
It's a disgrace. It should be moved to a museum.
- 10 Historians on What Will Be Said About President Obama's Legacy
- Harvard art historian James S. Ackerman Dies at 97
- Obama’s Legacy as a Historian
- Jack Rakove tells League of Women Voters Electoral College needs to be abolished
- Juan Cole says Chelsea Manning’s leaks contributed to the revolution in Tunisia