Originally published 10/27/2014
Horror movies have had their fans since the 1920s. Frankenstein, Dracula and company have wandered over the earth and the silver screen with shivering majesty for generations.
Originally published 10/31/2013
The sexy-costume trend reveals how far we have strayed from the truly naughty roots of Halloween.
Originally published 10/21/2013
Blame the media.
- Egyptian ‘Mona Lisa’ A Fake
- The Story Behind ‘Woman in Gold’: Nazi Art Thieves and One Painting’s Return
- Scott Walker, Allergic to Dogs, May Run Against Political History
- Russian History Receives a Makeover That Starts With Ivan the Terrible
- Parsing Ronald Reagan’s Words for Early Signs of Alzheimer’s
- Joan Waugh on Grant's and Lee's 'gentlemen's agreement' ending the Civil War
- Charlatan or Sage? Contested Legacy of the late Dr. Ben, a Father of African Studies
- Historians make it easy for visitors to DC to understand the history of the Mall
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science