Originally published 10/21/2013
Local church leaders outside of Leipzig have objected to the "glorification" of war.
Originally published 09/01/2015
Ohio's John Boehner wants to keep the name McKinley. It remains to be seen whether he can undo the action by the Department of the Interior, especially since Republican leaders from Alaska support the original name, Denali, over McKinley. But the mountain should be named Denali.
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Greece vows pressure on Germany to get WWII reparations
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton