Originally published 10/14/2013
In some ways, there are startling similarities between 1973 and today.
Originally published 03/20/2015
There's No There There
"Michael is trying to save lives. Your life."
- Male Historians Have Long Dominated Public Debates. Is Charlottesville a Turning Point?
- Kevin Levin says he’s changed his mind about Confederate statues
- Scholar of African history says his Jewish background didn’t stop him from writing about Muslims and Africa
- Jon Meacham points out why Lee should go but Washington should stay
- "I've studied the history of Confederate memorials. Here's what to do about them."