Originally published 08/01/2017
In certain conservative circles, the phrase “government schools” has become as ubiquitous as it is contemptuous.
Originally published 10/03/2013
Charter schools are a very bad idea, but billionaires love 'em.
Originally published 08/19/2014
Mark Byrnes's Facing Backwards
The eagerness on the part of some people to embrace a narrative that suggests that Michael Brown "deserved it," before the facts are established, has a long and ugly history--and that fact may be far more significant and troubling than what happened that day in Ferguson.
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past