Congressional Commission Unveils Proposal to Rename Bases Honoring Confederates
West Point historian Ty Seidule was vice-chair of the renaming commission, and sought community input for the proposal.
SOURCE: Tom Dispatch
Doubling Down on a Failed Strategy
by David Vine
The Pentagon’s Dangerous “New” Base Plan
Why the U.S. Has So Many Bases on Okinawa
by John W. Dower
The establishment of a U.S. military fiefdom on Okinawa was part of the Cold War practice of dividing nations.
The Italian Job
by David Vine
How the Pentagon is using your tax dollars to turn Italy into a launching pad for the wars of today and tomorrow.
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History